Join us this Wednesday
May 10, 2017 at 7:00 p.m.
at The Hearthstone.
Here’s the agenda for the meeting, as of now. If you have a burning issue you want to address, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The entirety of this meeting will be dedicated to the topic of homelessness and homeless encampments.
- George Scarola – Director of Homelessness in the Mayor’s office to speak on the city-wide homeless in the city and the policies and procedures outlined in MDAR 17-01, and FAS 17-01 that allow and direct the sweeps from city properties. He has been instrumental in defining city policies on homeless
- Colleen Hackett – Crew chief for Parks maintenance for the northwest park region to speak on the assignment of park department staff in their role in the removals and cleanup. Colleen Hackett as crew chief responsible for assignment of park staff to the Navigation teams can speak to the on the ground efforts and effects in Green Lake and other parks.
- Alison Eisinger – Director of the King County/Seattle Coalition on Homelessness to speak on the Coalition on Homelessness’ reaction to current city policies and discuss the effects of these policies on community members who are homeless as well as on those who are housed, and offer thoughts about how this work intersects with ongoing efforts to help and house people across King County.
Questions & Answers
- Questions that were submitted ahead of time.
- Open questions and discussion from the audience.
For more details on this topic, see Homeless Encampments – A Call for Questions
Green Lake Community Council meetings are open to the public. People residing or operating a business near Green Lake are encouraged to attend and consider running for the board.
Meetings are conducted at The Hearthstone, 6720 East Green Lake Way North at the corner of 1st Ave NE. This is the only high-rise on Green Lake and is near Nell’s Restaurant. Consider carpooling, walking or taking transit since parking can be limited. Thanks to the Hearthstone for hosting our meetings!