Green Lake Community Council Board Elections and more next Wednesday at the GLCC Meeting.
COME TO THE GREEN LAKE COMMUNITY COUNCIL MEETING AT THE HEARTHSTONE AT 7 PM WEDNESDAY JULY 11, AND HAVE YOUR SAY ABOUT THE FUTURE OF GREEN LAKE!
Join your neighbors in helping choose the future of our neighborhood. Our board elections will be the focus of our July meeting. What does this mean? Every two years our executive board seats are up for election. This is an opportunity for those with a vested interest in the neighborhood to take a more active role in providing a voice and a forum for the neighborhood.
Some examples of meetings from the past two years:
- Updates on the Green Lake park, the lake itself as well as efforts to improve water quality and overall health of the lake.
- Efforts to hold the city accountable for community center and Evans pool improvements we have already paid for – thanks to help from other community groups as well, it worked!
- The history and family behind Green Lake Village, The Eddy and an upcoming development in the neighborhood.
- Multiple presentations with Q&A sessions by Seattle City Councilmember Mike O’Brien. Topics included development and zoning changes, as well as homelessness and attempts to address it.
- A panel of experts on homelessness including the Director of Homelessness from the mayor’s office, as well as a parks official.
- Seattle City Council District 8 Candidate Forum. A great opportunity to hear from those running for the position, including the eventual winner, Teresa Mosqueda.
- Multiple presentations from the Seattle Department of Transportation to talk about parking, bike lanes, intersection changes, and pedestrian improvements.
- Aurora Avenue paving projects.
- Updates from the Green Lake Boat House.
- King County presentation on better handling of storm water and what we can do about it.
After the elections, we will be holding an open discussion on how the Green Lake Community Council can better serve the neighborhood.
We look forward to seeing you there!
Green Lake Community Council meetings are open to the public. People residing or operating a business near Green Lake are encouraged to attend and consider running for the board.
Meetings are held on the second Wednesday of odd-numbered months at The Hearthstone, 6720 East Green Lake Way North at the corner of 1st Ave NE. This is the only high-rise on Green Lake and is near Nell’s Restaurant. Consider carpooling, walking or taking transit since parking can be limited.
Thanks to the Hearthstone for hosting our meeting!