Join Green Lake Community Council for our board election meeting this Wednesday July 13 at 7:00 p.m. at The Hearthstone
We will be electing new officers and board members. If you are interested in the Green Lake Community and would like to be a part of shaping the neighborhood, please attend and consider running for the board. Positions available are Chair, Vice-Chair, Secretary, Treasurer and Board Member At-Large (several at-large positions available). All residents of the Green Lake neighborhood are encouraged to attend the meetings and are eligible to run for the board. Owners and managers of local neighborhood businesses are encouraged to get involved, as well.
Among items discussed at our July 13 meeting will be current events at Friends of Green Lake, an update on the proposed building at 417 ne 72ND St. and more.
– Neighbors calling for change along NE 65th Street. See #Fix 65th.
– Status of and objection to the new apartment building proposed for 8228 Green Lake Drive North
– Update from Friends of Green Lake which works hard to maintain the quality of the lake.
– Two or more candidates for 43rd District State Representative introduce themselves and take questions. They are running for the position Brady Walkinshaw is vacating to run for Jim McDermott’s congressional seat. If you live south of 75th Street in the Green Lake Neighborhood, you are probably in the 43rd District.
– Other items of interest to the Green Lake neighborhood may be added.
Green Lake Community Council meets on the second Wednesday of odd-numbered months at The Hearthstone, 6720 East Green Lake Way North next to Nell’s Restaurant. The Hearthstone is the only high-rise on Green Lake. Carpooling, walking, biking and transit options are encouraged since parking is limited, especially during summer months.